Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Long Holiday Weekend.....

The girls just came off of a 4 day, long holiday weekend that was extra busy. Months ago, I volunteered to host the 6th grade girls at our house for D-Now, which is a weekend retreat for middle schoolers with our church. They spent most of the weekend at the church, but they are hosted at local houses from Friday night to Sunday afternoon. We had 17 girls so thankfully we had 3 college girls who were their leaders & stayed here to help out. It's basically one big sleepover & the girls loved it:




They basically took over our second floor & slept anywhere they could find a spot! It cracked me up seeing what all the girls brought - I mean I only had them for 36 hours, but these girls had large suitcases like they were going on vacation for a week! And I don't typically have a shoe rule in our house, but a few girls took them off at the door & before I knew it, there were shoes everywhere in my foyer:


It took all 4 of our cars to transport them back & forth between my house & the church which was another fun trip in itself:


We took one last picture of the group before they left on Sunday:


I'm pretty sure these girls had the best time & I have a feeling I may be hosting for the next 8 years until both of our girls graduate & move out! Sophie spent the night with a friend Friday night:


but she came home on Saturday & loved being a part of the girls! She stayed up as late as they did. 

I don't know how she did it, but Sadie also had a soccer tournament this week for President's Day. This was not on our calendar when I originally volunteered, but thankfully her games weren't too conflicting & she didn't miss much of D-Now, she just had a few late nights & early mornings. But her team won all 4 games & won the championship game 8-0! They played up a year with older girls & that didn't slow them down, in fact they dominated & weren't scored on all weekend. Go Renegades!



Thank goodness we didn't have much on Monday since they had the day off because we all slept in & needed the day to catch up!

No comments:

Post a Comment