Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Sky Ranch Prep

For the past 2 summers, Sadie has gone to the launch camp for Sky Ranch here in Frisco. Last summer at the end of camp, she somehow convinced us to sign her up for overnight camp. We gave in, signed her up & knew we had a year to think about it. Well, here we are 1 year later & she was still excited to go so I spent last week getting her ready. Thankfully she got a trunk & a few essentials for her birthday so she really had everything she needed :) Our neighbor's daughter went to camp the week before us so she invited me over to see how she packed & to give me tips since this was our first time. Thank goodness - she was a huge help! 

I started with Ziploc bags & packed everything individually. I had already planned on doing this, but as I was packing them, I thought I should decorate them! So I put inspirational notes on each of them to surprise her when she got there:



We got everything labeled & thankfully it all fit in her trunk easily with room to spare:


We even had room to put her tray on top with extras:


As you can see, I printed pictures to decorate her trunk & I included stationary that was already addressed & stamped so all she had to do was write a letter. We put her pillow in her laundry bag just to keep it clean while we carried it & that's it! Everything she needed for 1 week (beach towel, bath towels, toiletries, clothes, theme nights, etc.) easily fit in this trunk. I had no idea trunks were a thing but thank goodness we got her one because everyone had them & they did slide easily under her bunkbed:


At the last minute I panicked & wanted her to have something special to wear on her first day so my friend Julianne made her this adorable shirt for drop off:


Besides that, I had 1 more surprise for her. Everyone told me that you could drop off mail when you get there, so I had letters & packages prepared. She got 1 letter & 1 package every day from either mom, dad, Sophie, or one of the grandparents:


Another tip from my neighbor was to include snacks for the cabin. I would have never thought of that! So the big boxes had a package of s'mores oreos & a package of goldfish for her to share. Hopefully she did! 

Anyway, it was fun getting her ready & I learned lots of tips along the way. Next year I know of things to pick up along the way to make it easier. 

No comments:

Post a Comment