Friday, February 15, 2019

Valentine's Day 2019

It was a busy Valentine's day but we sure had a lot of fun! I tried to surprise them before school with a fun breakfast:


Sadie didn't get to have the tic tac toe graham crackers so I made them again with fruit instead of candy. You can't see, but Bryan bought them Valentine balloons & had them tied to their chairs so they were excited. Bryan took Sadie to school & 1 of my friends sent me pictures of the girls walking in this morning with their Valentine boxes:



First stop for me, Sophie's school:


Her class party was first thing in the morning. They made a craft, played a game & had a snack:





They even had story time with one of the student's grandfather:



It was a fun morning & poor Mrs. Johnson - I am sure the kids were bouncing off the walls all day after having extra sugar that early in the morning!




Later that afternoon, I went to Sadie's school for their class party:


They had a snack, made Valentine lei necklaces, played games & wrote thank you hearts for our crossing guards:



Mrs. Nancy, our favorite crossing guard on our corner came to visit & the kids were so excited:



We sure do love Mrs. Nancy! And I think it was a great idea to incorporate a service activity into their Valentine party. 

We had fun when we got home from school going through everyone's Valentines but then we had to get ready for dinner. The girls helped me set the table:


I let them use our china & they were so careful. They were so proud of the way they set it up! And I surprised the girls with cupcakes for dessert:


I found cheese ravioli that was red & white, shaped like hearts so I knew that was a must for our Valentine dinner. This family loves pasta! And most of the time, we have salad but I hardly ever make bread to go with our meals, but I thought it would be fun to let the girls make our bread. They rolled out the dough & cut it in heart shapes also:



Bryan & I don't do much to celebrate the holiday but it sure is a fun day with the girls! Now they have today & Monday off so we are looking forward to a long holiday weekend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment