Wednesday, February 13, 2019

FASST 2019

Last summer Sadie swam on the swim team & Sophie sat at all of her practices & swim meets in the stands with me. This year, somehow we convinced her to try out & join the team with Sadie:


She has been in swim lessons since she was 6 months old & she has greatly improved, but she's definitely had to work a lot harder than Sadie. It definitely doesn't come as natural & I'm not sure she enjoys the water as much as her, but she still likes swimming & has gotten much better. So when we asked her if she wanted to try out, she said she wanted to be on the team & practice, but not race. Fine by me! I would much rather her be in the water exercising than just sitting in the stands with me. It's a great sport & I think she will enjoy it!


She woke up Saturday morning ready to go! She put on Sadie's old Speedo, packed up Sadie's swim bag, & her state swim cap. Ha! She has never swam in a pool this big & she is a full year younger than Sadie was when she tried out so we didn't know how she would do, but she rocked it!



She swam 25 yards freestyle without stopping! I really thought she might have to roll over on her back to rest a second & catch her break, but to my surprise, she made it look easy! Bryan videoed her while Sadie & I were cheering her on. We were so proud, especially her big sister:


I am so excited to see these 2 swim together this summer! I'm just hoping Sophie enjoys it enough that she might decide to race after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment