Saturday, December 16, 2017

Sophie's Big Girl Bed

When Sadie turned 4, we surprised her by transitioning her room from a toddler bed to a big girl bed. It dawned on me this summer that we should do the same thing for Sophie! Technically it hasn't been Sophie's birthday yet, but I was hoping to pull off the surprise while she was at school so she got an early birthday surprise. Bryan & I went shopping over Thanksgiving, picked out her new box spring & mattress & had it delivered last Thursday. I knew we would be celebrating their birthdays all weekend with their party so I thought this would be a fun way to kick off the weekend :) I was a little nervous about the timing but somehow my prayers were answered & I was able to pull it off:





Both of the girls had cribs that converted to toddler beds & then to full size beds. All I had to do was move the furniture around & add new bedding. Bryan's family was awesome & pitched in to help buy everything for birthday gifts - thank you Jessica, Nanny, Granny, Grammy & Grandpa! She still has plenty of room to play also:


I didn't quite have time to clean out her toy area like I hoped, but that will be one of our goals for January. I also need to re-hang the art above her bed, but she didn't notice that it wasn't centered. I knew she was getting 2 pairs of sheets for her birthday from the grandparents, so I surprised her with Christmas sheets:


Aren't they adorable?! Both of the girls got these a few years ago for their birthday & poor Sophie's has been sitting in the package just waiting to be used. 

When Sophie came home, she was so excited:



Her sweet personality - she was so excited, yet she was so nervous & shy about her new bed. Eventually she warmed up:



I think when Sadie came home, she was more excited than Sophie was! Sadie literally screamed with excitement! They have been having slumber parties for the past year in Sadie's room so she was pumped that now they can have a slumber party in Sophie's room:


Cheers to big girls in big beds with more slumber parties to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment