Friday, December 15, 2017

All About That Baby

Back in August, I read in the church bulletin that they were having open auditions for the youth choir to perform in the children's Christmas musical. I knew right away that would be a fun adventure for Sadie. We have always put her in sports, but she hasn't really done much in fine arts yet so I thought this would be the perfect way to expose her to music & theater for free :) I asked if she wanted to try & of course she did (she never says no to anything!) and one of her best friends also wanted to try so that made it easier having a friend there. They practiced every Sunday afternoon from 3:00 - 5:00 so it ended up being a bigger commitment than I had planned on, but they had their performance Sunday night & it was adorable:


Sadie was a sheep & Tatum was an angel, but both of them were in the choir & on the stage the entire performance. I was so proud of both of them! They sang, they smiled, they did their choreography:




They were both on the front row & had small solos. Kind of. Tatum got to step forward with another girl & did a cartwheel:



Sadie stepped up later with Whitney & they sang a solo into the microphone. Well, mostly Whitney did but Sadie looked pretty cute up there trying:


I will admit, I kind of griped about their practice every Sunday & got really annoyed at their 4 hour dress rehearsal on Saturday (which was the same day as her birthday party) but once I saw the show & saw her in action, I got teary eyed because I was so proud! Sophie loved it too & I have a feeling she will want to join choir also. 

Bryan surprised her & had flowers for her afterwards & then we all took pictures with the leading lady:





And here is Tatum & Katelyn, her 2 friends that she talked about every week:



We were so proud of her & she says she really enjoyed it, so I guess we will see if she decides to do it again next year or not. 

No comments:

Post a Comment