Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Long Holiday Weekend

Since it was Columbus Day yesterday, FISD gave the kids a mini fall break & they had Friday & Monday off from school. Bryan was at a conference for the first half of the weekend so I took them to the movies on Friday:


We hadn't been since the summer, so it was fun going again. I love going to the movies so I'm glad they like going as well :)

That night, we had soccer practice, followed by a birthday party:



It's fun going to a double birthday party for twins - half the party was emoji & half was sports!



On Saturday, Sadie's game was cancelled because the other team didn't have enough players but Sophie played. Unfortunately, Sadie & I missed her game because she had a birthday party at Chuck E Cheese:




This party was for a little boy in her class. We have already been to several parties for the kids in her class & I know it seems like a lot, but honestly, it has been the best way for me to meet the other kids & their moms. 

Afterwards, Sadie & I ran to Costco to pick up 1 thing & we ended up leaving with a basketful:


We may have a special trip planned this winter so I had to take advantage of the really good deals they had on winter clothes before they sale out. I am still hoping to borrow what I can, but at least I have stuff if we need it. If not, I will probably return in. Apparently Sadie said the coats were really comfy!

From there we finally met back up with Bryan & Sophie. There was a big BBQ fundraiser in town & Bryan got asked to judge the brisket:



On Sunday Sophie had a party for a friend on her soccer team. Her name happens to be Sophie also! It was at her house but her mom did such a good job with the decorations & food. I couldn't help but take pictures of her cute little luau:




They had a magician come & perform & the kids were mesmerized!




I don't think I have ever been to a children's party with a clown/magician/balloon artist but he did a great job!




Sophie was so excited to have her own party to go to since Sadie has been invited to more stuff lately. Thank you Jamie & Sophie for inviting us!


While we were at the party, Sadie was at choir practice. We surprised her & all picked her up & then headed to the store to shop for Halloween. Bryan decided the girls were old enough to decorate the outside:


I'll have to take pictures one day & share what we did. Not too much & nothing too scary, just something outside that was a little spooky :)


On Monday, the girls & I spent the day at the Arboretum with friends. We had a great day & I took a ton of pictures. So many that they deserve their own post! But we literally broke a record yesterday for being so hot - it was 96 degrees! Needless to say, when we got home we were hot & tired so we let the girls jump in the pool while Bryan cooked out on the grill:



Isn't it absolutely crazy that it was hot enough to swim in October without heating the pool? Our neighbor Hadley came over & swam with them & Sadie was beyond excited that she brought her mermaid tail:


Looks like we might have to add that to the birthday/Christmas list!

No comments:

Post a Comment