Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Sadie's First Day of Kindergarten!

It's official, Sadie is in kindergarten! We set her alarm at 6:45 yesterday morning & she woke up, made her bed & got ready by herself. She was so excited she didn't need any help! She has had an alarm clock for a few years but we only used the lighting feature on it. I finally turned on the alarm last week & let her try it a few times & to my surprise, it worked! I think she is actually in a better mood waking up on her own than with me waking her! Usually we will let Sophie sleep in, but today we got her up so she could go with us to drop Sadie off. They both headed downstairs for breakfast:


Sadie's original request was for donuts, but since we had those at church the day earlier she changed her mind & asked for cinnamon rolls instead. She was most excited that she got to eat on our special plate all day:


We got her a new backpack & matching lunchbox. And she got to pick out a new outfit to wear with her new converse. She was most excited about her new shoes! But before we left, I made her take the obligatory first day of school pictures:






You know I went a little camera crazy on the first day! We live less than a mile away from the school so we drove, but it was so crowded we had to park down the street & walk. Don't know how we lucked out, but our 2 neighbors parked right by us so Sadie was thrilled to walk to school with Hadley & Presley:


Of course we had to take more pictures in front of the school when we got there:



She was so excited, she walked straight to her pod, hung her backpack & went straight to her table:



It happened so fast & she was so excited that I didn't even have the chance to get emotional! In fact, I don't even remember taking these pictures:



I mean seriously, look at that smile!

We met up with Chad & Lena so the boys went home together while the girls went to the library for the boo hoo-yahoo breakfast for new parents:


None of the moms really ate but we enjoyed meeting each other & visiting:


Sophie had a blast! There were at least 5 or 6 other kids her age running around so they ate breakfast & played:



Apparently that's the class of 2032 right there! I feel like Sophie already knows more classmates than Sadie!

After that, Sophie & I went home for the day. She played & absolutely loved having the house to herself. I did laundry & spent most of the morning texting & sending pictures with my other mom friends who had kids starting school today also :) Sweet Bryan wanted to take me to breakfast this morning after we dropped Sadie off but I really wanted to attend the breakfast at school to meet other moms, so we went to lunch instead. We enjoyed a nice, long lunch date with our little sidekick:



We tried another new restaurant at the Star & we even splurged on dessert! Sophie caught a picture of us sharing it:


I think some parents might be emotional about their children starting school, but I think we were excited! She is so independent & was so ready, so that definitely made the transition easier. 

After lunch we went outside & ran into someone who shared his eye glasses with us so we got to see the eclipse:


That was a fun surprise! And we walked around the Tostitos plaza & fought the crowd since everyone was going to watch the Dallas Cowboys practice. I still cannot believe their new facility is only 5 minutes away from our house!

We had a great day & we both enjoyed spending some extra quality time with this cute little girl:


Sophie & I picked up Sadie at 3:00 after school. That was a long day for her but she came home full of energy! She loved everything about kindergarten & talked about it non stop all night. I am so proud of her for conquering the day with such a great attitude. I hope every day this week gets better as she continues to meet new friends & settles in to her new routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment