Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Tiny Dancer

Sadie has always been more athletic & I had a feeling she would get bored with dance but I put her in gymnastics because I thought she would enjoy it. When Sophie turned 3, I put her in gymnastics also because I knew it would be the only time they could do something together before she started school. Of course Sophie loved it because she got to go with Sadie, but deep down I always knew Sophie was our little dancer. She is just so girlie & she is always dancing, singing & prancing around the house. I knew fall would be the perfect time for her to start because that gave her something new to try while Sadie was at school, so she finally went to her first class today:


My sister & I were not dancers so it is kind of foreign territory for me! Luckily we have great friends who passed down leotards, tights & tap shoes. In fact, she has about 10 leotards to choose from now! The only thing we had to buy her was ballet shoes. Luckily Jamie grew up in the dance world so any time I had questions, I bothered her. Which is perfect because her daughter Hayden is in the same class as Sophie:


It was so exciting watching them both blossom in the limelight without their older siblings! We both let them pick out their bags to pack their shoes in & of course Sophie had to bring Starla to dance so her shoes fit in her baby carrier:


We were also surprised to see another one of their friends from Sonshine School in their class. There are only 6 of them in there so they got a lot of attention. Of course we can't watch them in person but they have a tv where we can spy on them:


Can you spot Sophie on the screen? She is on the far left holding pom pom's. Their class is a combo class with ballet, tap & tumble:


Do you see her in this pic?! She dropped her pom pom's & went straight to the mirror & started throwing her pony tail around. It was hilarious! That is the Sophie we know around here :) She absolutely loved her first dance class & I am excited for this new adventure for her. I am glad that she has something independent & different from Sadie so we will see how this year goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment