Friday, August 18, 2017

Life Lately

This was our official last week of summer. I still can't believe it now that I am writing it. Where did summer go? We have thoroughly enjoyed it but I am ready for a transition to fall. Kindergarten. Soccer. Dance. A new routine. We will miss the pool though! We had friends over on Monday to swim & it was the first time I thought the water felt a little cooler. Probably because it had rained that morning, but it didn't bother the kids:




So glad Sarah was flexible with her schedule since the rain threw us off. 

On Tuesday, Sophie went to camp that morning & then they went to Fast Pacs orientation with me that afternoon:


I am so excited to volunteer for this organization this fall. I am sure I will blog about it later, but I have basically committed to volunteering every Thursday during the school year to deliver food to students at schools in FISD. It was a great learning opportunity for the girls to hear about the group & see the warehouse since they will both be at school when I volunteer. 

That night I had to go to the FSA soccer meeting for Sophie's team. Bryan was supposed to go since he is the coach but he couldn't make it so I went in his place. Talk about stressful! They have 10,000 players now in FSA so it was a little competitive trying to pick the color of their uniform & their team name. 

Our biggest highlight of the week was our visitors & unfortunately I have no pictures to show of it. My sister & 2 of her kids came to visit & we had a blast! The kids swam, watched movies & played until they were worn out. And my sister & I visited non stop so it was a win win for everyone! It was the perfect way to end summer hanging with their cousins :)

While we were having fun with Nat, Kason & Zoe, Bryan has been busy with school board. Since school starts next week, this is one of his busiest weeks of the year getting ready for school to start. They had convocation this morning at the Star & apparently it went good. All I found on Bryan's phone was a bunch of random selfies:





Looks like everyone is ready for school to start next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment