Friday, May 26, 2017

Life Lately

We are officially in summer mode! Literally our first day of summer was on Wednesday & the girls slept until 9:15. I just wish the weather outside new it was summer so our pool would heat up!

Last week, we drove to Heath & went to some friends house for dinner. We only see them twice a year but the girls always have fun with Colt:


It was too cold to swim at their house but they got out their telescope & the girls had fun looking at stars:



I found this picture of the girls & I on Bryan's phone:


That was from Mother's Day & it is such a sweet picture & sweet memory.

Sadie got $40 in graduation money so we let her go shopping & she bought a VTech smart watch:


So far, she loves it! It's kind of like an I-watch for children.

Since Memorial Day is this weekend, most of our regular commitments ended this week. The girls had their last gymnastics class this week & I meant to get a picture of them with Anna Grace & Grayson but I totally forgot :( We were too busy visiting afterwards! Sadie is officially finished with gymnastics since she will be in school 5 days a week & I am considering putting Sophie in dance class instead.

They also went to swimming lessons once a week basically all fall, winter & spring but now that summer is here, they are finished. Their last class was this week:



I love that picture of Sophie because it says a lot. It says & I am smiling but really I am trying not to cry! Sophie still doesn't love the water even though she has been swimming for 3 years now. I am hoping she will gain confidence & learn to love the water after we spend a lot more time in the pool this summer:


She will definitely start lessons again in the fall while Sadie is at school. Sadie does not need them anymore but I will leave Sophie in until I feel confident about her being in the water by herself & we definitely are not there yet. I am sure Sadie will miss swimming lessons, but she does not need them & again, she won't have time when she is in school 5 days a week. This week they learned how to dive so I am sure she will be practicing that all summer:



Our last regular commitment of the week was Soccer Shots. Sophie has been playing soccer after school every Thursday afternoon & even though they didn't have soccer yesterday, they still met for their last practice:


So far she really likes soccer but this was definitely more of a skills clinic & not competitive play. She will start on a real team in the fall with FSA so we will see if she has a love for soccer like her sister or if she is just playing because her big sister does. Coach Kevin has been great with the kids & of course she loves playing with her buddy KJ:




So that's it - no more soccer, no more school, no more swimming lessons, no more gymnastics & no more MOPS. We don't have any regular commitments this summer & I am looking forward to a slower pace. Don't get me wrong, we definitely have a few things planned like VBS, camps & vacation, but they will be flanked with lots of empty days in between. Summer here we come!

No comments:

Post a Comment