Friday, March 24, 2017

Life Lately

I am loving lately! Besides Christmas, this is my favorite time of the year because I love spring.  I love the longer days, the warmer weather, the flowers & it's my birthday! We have spent a lot of time outside this week & I finally started prepping & cleaning my flower beds but I have not planted yet. I even cleaned out the garage this week.

Last week, Sadie had Texas day at school. I think you are supposed to dress like a cowboy or cowgirl but we don't exactly have cowboy hats or boots laying around, so she dressed up in her longhorn gear:


She thought she would wear her boots even though it was hot outside since everyone else would be wearing boots. I just couldn't justify the expense for a single use. Besides, we already learned at the fair last week that she is a city girl! Kenzie looked like a cute cowgirl though:


The girls took winter swimming lessons in January & February but they had a break in March but started up again after spring break:


Lena & I were cracking up the other day because KJ had his arm around Sophie the entire time:


Such a gentleman! Lena said we better save this for their wedding video :)

Bryan had a meeting the other night & I was home with the girls so we went to Dairy Queen to take advantage of their free ice cream cones on the first day of spring:


The parents were invited to chapel this week for Sadie's class:



All of my pictures were blurry because she was so busy singing & dancing!

Finally, my birthday is tomorrow but my girlfriends helped me celebrate yesterday since our kids were at preschool. We met for brunch at one of my favorite places:


And then they surprised me with a cake:


I also did a little shopping since I had some birthday money to spend & was so excited to buy a new beach bag:


I have carried the same pool/beach bag for almost 13 years. Literally, someone gave it to me for my birthday before we got married & I finally got rid of it. We have a big trip this summer so I can't wait to carry it! If I get it back. The girls loved it so much, they have already taken it from me:


My other present to myself was a new bench for the front porch. I ordered it last weekend & it was delivered yesterday:


I guess that will be my next birthday present - asking Bryan to put it together for me! I can't wait to put it on the front porch & finish cleaning outside. I am ready to finish all of my spring projects outside so we can enjoy more time out there.

No comments:

Post a Comment