Monday, March 27, 2017

Mommy's Birthday

As I mentioned last week, my birthday was this past weekend & I had a great time celebrating! I feel like I celebrated for a couple of days :) My actual birthday was Saturday & my parents came to visit. I spent the morning working around the house outside & it was beautiful weather! The girls had a plan of their own so they wanted me to stay outside while they were busy inside - they baked me my first birthday cake! They were so excited so I stayed out of their way so I could be surprised. Sadie was very specific about the kind of cake she wanted so luckily Mimi was able to find all of the right ingredients. Unfortunately, about 10 minutes after the cakes were in the oven they smelled something burnt & found this:


I was taking a shower & did not get to witness this, but I could smell it! Apparently Sophie wanted to help out so she turned the knob to broil - looks like she broiled them all right!

Luckily my mom had extra ingredients so they made another cake & then we headed out to meet Bryan's family for a late lunch at Hula Hut:


Like I said, it was perfect weather & I knew we would have fun eating on the patio over the lake. After we ate, we headed to Sadie's soccer game & she did awesome! She probably had a little boost from all of her personal cheerleaders:


After her game, everyone headed back to our house for cake & ice cream. Since they had to re-bake the cakes, they cooled while we were gone so I kept myself busy while the girls decorated them:



That picture of Sophie cracks me up with her tongue hanging out! Bryan said it was hilarious because she would lick the spoon & then keep on icing the cake :) Luckily our family doesn't mind sharing a few germs!



Sadie was very specific about wanting a 2 layer vanilla cake with pink icing in the middle! And they made it look like a spring cake with green grass & flowers. Sadie even learned how to dye the coconut greet to use as grass:



Grammy & Nanny were also here so they got to help & watch the girls also. Finally it was time for me to see their creation when they sang to me:



Before we sliced in to it, I had to take a few pictures because it was the first time my girls have ever baked me something special:




Not everyone likes coconut so they only put it on half the cake. Did you notice the flower candles? Adorable!!

After we ate, I had a few gifts. Bryan wasn't supposed to get me anything because he went overboard at Christmas, but he got me a new dust buster & I love it! Our other one was a wedding gift & wouldn't stay charged anymore so I am so excited! The girls seem to make a mess when they eat so I use it on a daily basis cleaning up after them :)

He also took the girls shopping at James Avery & they surprised me with a new charm for my charm bracelet that says I love Mom:


I also got some birthday money & I decided to buy a bench for outside:


Our front porch is pretty big so I have always wanted something to make it feel more inviting instead of empty space. Plus, the girls play in the front a lot more so now I have some where to sit while I watch them:


After we celebrated, we decided to take advantage of having grandparents staying at the house. There was a special election on Saturday, so we stopped by the campaign party to congratulate our friend & then we headed to a late movie at the theater. I honestly didn't know if we could stay up that late but somehow we made it & it was fun to have a normal night out. Thanks Mimi & Doc for spending the weekend with us & helping the girls surprise me with their special cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment