Thursday, June 6, 2013

Family Vacation, Part III

I know, I know - I always take a lot of pictures, especially when we travel! But I promise this will be the last of my Barbados blog. I mentioned in one of my earlier posts that the food was phenomenal! And we did do a lot of eating - for lunch & dinner. Most days for lunch we would either eat by the pool or we walked down the beach to a couple of local beach huts.
 

 
As you can tell, these little beach huts had an amazing view! Another treat that Sadie discovered was strawberry daiquiris:
 

 
Every time Bryan or I got one, she thought she had to have a sip :) Don't worry - they were virgin, so it was basically fresh strawberries & ice.
 
We also dined al fresco every single meal the entire time we were there. I already miss it because it is getting too hot to eat outside in Texas!
 
 
We left the hotel for dinner every night & every restaurant we went to was fabulous! Sadie got a little spoiled because some of the restaurants weren't crowded & since they were all beach side, we let her run around. Even if the restaurant was crowded, she kept everyone entertained:
 
 
We may have even spoiled her & let her try dessert:
 
 
Of course we got most of our good family pictures at night:
 


 
We also used a babysitter a couple of nights so Bryan & I could spend some time alone. Sadie loved Aisha - she even brought over toys for her to play with since she was getting bored in her hotel room!
 


 
This last picture was our favorite restaurant & while we were eating, 2 stingrays kept us entertained by swimming by us all night!
 
 
Before we checked out, we took one last family photo on the balcony:
 
 
But Sadie was too busy waving at the ocean one last time to get a good picture with us:
 
 
We had a great time & I am so glad that I have these pictures to share as Sadie grows older. She may not remember everything, but the smiles she shared & the memories we made were worth the trip!
 


2 comments:

  1. Love those curls. Thanks for sharing your pics. We are headed to DisneyWorld tomorrow with Cassie and Parker. Does Bryan hire out as a travel agent? Just wondering. HaHa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Sadie was an absolute dream to work with. I adore her. She has a big personality for such a tiny person.
    Kisses Sadie ����
    Thank you for allowing me to meet your amazing daughter

    ReplyDelete