Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Corn Dogs, French Fries & Funnel Cakes, Oh-My!

That's right, we went back to the State Fair & this time we took Sadie with us. Bryan got free tickets so we figured it was a good excuse to go back & have some more fried food :) The weather was perfect so Sadie enjoyed strolling around looking at everything. First we took her to the kid's farm:

Apparently she learned how to farm & where our food comes from. Actually, Bryan & I were excited to take her in & then quickly realized this was a waste of time for her, so we cut through to the exit. Don't worry, I did snap a picture of her pretending to be a sheep:

And going into the hen house so she could pick eggs:
Next we moved on to the petting zoo & this was more her speed. She loved the animals! She tried her hardest to get on the ground, crawl around or pull herself into the animal pen.



I guess you can't really see her excitement from these pictures because she looks like she is seriously concentrating on the animals. One of my favorite moments is when the camel decided to make a funny sound & startle them both:


Of course we ate some yummy food while we were there. Sadie got to have her first french fry:


While Bryan & I tried a few new things. First we tried fried cheeseburger balls & they were awesome! We had them with & without jalapenos & I would recommend the heat! We also tried fried macaroni & cheese but I was a little disappointed. Then Bryan went for the old faithful & had a funnel cake while I tried a second helping of fried cake balls. I know, nothing we ate was healthy, but when in Rome.....

Thanks Sherry for giving us the free tickets. We had an awesome family day & it was fun getting to do something with the 3 of us. Hopefully next year will be even more fun when she is tall enough to finally ride some rides!




No comments:

Post a Comment