Friday, January 6, 2023

New Year's in Conroe, 2023

We had already planned on going to Conroe after we got home from vacation to celebrate a late Christmas with my family, but after Austin & San Antonio, we headed that way next & were able to celebrate with them sooner! We drove on Friday & on the way, I started feeling a little car sick, or so I thought. Unfortunately, by the time we got there, I realized it was more than car sickness. Apparently, I had a stomach bug & before the end of the night, Bryan had it also. Ugh! We felt awful & over the next few days, both of my parents ended up getting it also, but thank goodness none of the kids ever got it. The girls were sweet & hung this sign on the bathroom door to surprise us that night:


While we were there, the girls went back & forth from my parents' house to my sister's house, so they spent all of their time with their cousins! Lots of late nights & lazy mornings. They spent a lot of time outside because it was beautiful weather. Sadie even got some fitness training in while the rest of us took turns on the golf cart driving around the lake:



She even did some cardio circuits inside by the tree:



We all went to church together:


and celebrated New Year's Eve at Natalie's house! She made dinner, had sparkling juice for the kids & we even ended the night with sparklers & firecrackers:






We had the best night celebrating together!

We had one last surprise before we left town - Bryan surprised us with Dallas Mavericks vs. Houston Rockets tickets! They just happened to be in Houston on Monday night:




My mom stayed home with Max but the rest of us had SO much fun! This might have been my favorite night of our entire Texas road trip. After all, this is where our relationship started. We went to a lot of basketball games while we were young & still lived in the city while we were dating:


And if you are wondering why you are starting to see more selfies of Sadie lately, it's because she has taken over my phone! Ha! I never know until I look later & randomly find them:




Sorry you missed out mom! Thank you Mimi, Doc & Natalie for hosting us. We always love any excuse we have to spend extra time with you guys. 

No comments:

Post a Comment