Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Gluten Free in Vegas

Ok, so this post might not interest many, but I tend to reference my blog quite a bit because I have a horrible memory so if anything, this post is for me! Bryan & I are foodies & we probably spend most of our discretionary money on food when we travel. We love a good dinner! But it takes a lot more research these days to find restaurants that will accommodate our gluten free allergy. 
Our first meal was phenomenal! I already talked about our experience at:


They had a pretty simple menu so I stuck with a classic - filet mignon with pureed potatoes & it was delicious! But my favorite part was the bread - ha!


They delivered hot & fresh bread for Bryan, which looked & smelled delicious! But they actually brought me something too! Granted, it was just toast, but honestly, it was just nice to have something to snack on while we waited & since everyone else had something. 

The next night we ate at Carbone, which is the Italian restaurant at Aria. They actually serve pickled cauliflower & salami with their fresh bread basket, so at least there was an option to start with. But I was most excited about their gluten free pasta. They had rigatoni which I had prepared with an alfredo sauce & it definitely lived up to my expectation! I don't know if we will necessary go there again because there are so many Italian restaurants on the strip, but they played phenomenal music & we still had a great time:


Our final night, we had reservations, but since we had to get to the concert, we ended up not going out to eat. We had been eating dinner pretty late & wasn't up for an early meal, so instead Bryan picked up pizza & brought it back to the room while we got ready. We almost always go to the Secret Pizza Joint at the Cosmo, but we checked with them this trip & they do no offer anything gluten free, so instead we tried Money Line at the Aria & it was SO good! He ordered me a gf cheese pizza with a white sauce & it hit the spot! I will definitely eat here again:


We slept in every morning, went for a run on the strip & hit the gym, so we really had a late brunch every day. Our first morning we walked over to the Cosmo & grabbed breakfast sandwiches at:


It was just a quick serve restaurant, but their gf buns were really good! They even had hash brown tots that are fried in a dedicated fryer which were delicious also. Bryan even ordered a gf bun so we could share & both of us claimed we would be back. 

Our last morning there we went to:


It is at the Paris Hotel & I read lots of good reviews so I dragged Bryan here. I was so excited because they could pretty much accommodate any thing gf so I went with the french toast with a side of their date glazed bacon. This is pretty much my perfect breakfast:


They even marked my plate with an allergy pick, which I totally appreciate! It's hard to find gf pastries at most restaurants so we usually have to stick with protein, but I love something sweet!

My biggest disappointment of the week was dessert. I am the queen of sweets & we almost always get something & share it but the only thing I was offered was sorbet. Fruit sorbet, which I am not a fan of. I literally walked the strip & went inside so many restaurants just looking at the dessert menus & did not have any luck. Except for True Foods, but we have one of those where we live. I saw this sign at Carlo's Bakery & thought how appropriate, this basically sums it up:


Finally, we discovered the Milk Bar at the Cosmo. How have I never been here before?! 


They have other locations throughout the US. Our first night they were sold out of the gf cake but they had gf cookies:


As you can see, it was a fruity marshmallow cookie & I loved every bite! So much so that I took a picture & sent it to Sadie so she asked me to bring a couple home. After the concert, we stopped back by & they actually had cake! It is not cheap for a single piece of cake, but we took it back to our room & shared it and even Bryan loved it:


It was so good, I think we may actually try to order a whole cake & have it shipped to our house sometime! As much as I loved the cake, the best part of the trip was eating clean the whole week. It's always challenging eating gluten free while traveling & when you are accidently exposed, it makes you feel horrible, so I am so thankful to be able to still enjoy food without any side effects!

No comments:

Post a Comment