Monday, March 28, 2022

Spring Book Fair - Books Bring Us Joy!

This may be a boring post to some, but I really do use this blog to document what's going on in our lives & for the past 2 weeks, it has been all about the book fair! I was the chairperson for this event the past 2 years & this was my last one. The first 2 were online fairs during Covid & then I finally got to host my first in person fair in the fall so I worked out the kinks & actually knew what I was doing this time around:


This year's theme was Books Bring Us Joy, so when I thought about it, I kept thinking of kids smiling which eventually led me to emojis! I had fun shopping for decor & of course our awesome decorating team brought the library to life on the outside, while the books brought us to life inside:




We kicked off the fair with our teacher preview, which happens to be one of my favorite days. I love hosting all of the teachers, getting to meet new teachers & seeing their excitement to share with the kids:






We follow that with 2 days of student previews, where they get absolutely giddy about shopping for books & participating in the guessing game - how many emoji erasers do we have?!


Finally, we opened up for shopping:


We only open for 3 days, but they are 3 long days, especially on Thursday because we stayed opened for the entire school when everyone came for Open House. Thankfully I had a great team of volunteers helping me out, including these 2:


Ha! We had a selfie station set up & I snapped a picture of these 2 because they were in the library a lot! Any excuse they could find to come visit me, but they were good helpers in the morning when it got busy. 

My next favorite was delivering books on Friday afternoon. The PTA purchased a few books for every teacher in the school so we wrapped them in ribbon, added a tag & I loved personally delivering them to all of them:




It was a busy 2 weeks but I am so glad I had the opportunity to help support our school! Guess we will see what journey lies ahead in my next PTA role!

No comments:

Post a Comment