Wednesday, January 26, 2022

Life Lately - January

Is it already the end of January? This month has flown by & I realized I haven't really blogged since the holidays. We haven't been that busy, just back to normal since school & extracurricular activities started back up. We started off the month with the polar plunge:


Sophie went with a few of her girl scout friends but thankfully their version of polar is swimming in January but inside! Thank goodness, otherwise we probably wouldn't participate:


Speaking of girl scouts, Sophie has also been busy selling cookies! I am troop cookie manager again so we have had a lot of cookies at our house but Sophie has officially sold her loot & now we are selling whatever the troop has left:


Both of the girls are still playing basketball:


How is that the only picture I have from the entire season?!

I am back at the gym regularly since the holidays are over & guess who is back at the gym with me?


Our gym lets kids take a training class when they turn 10 & are allowed to work out on the floor instead of going to the children's club so she has loved working out with us when she can. 

Sadie is still doing choir. They actually performed before the opening ceremony at the Texas Legends basketball game:





The game was pretty empty so it was mostly families from our school & Sophie had fun running around & playing with her friends also:


We already had a long weekend in January so the girls got to have a few late overs & sleepovers with a few sister friends:





Of course there are always birthday parties. Sadie went to a fun one last weekend that was a glow in the dark party:




With the rise in Covid cases again after the holidays, the school locked down again, so I have not been able to volunteer like I normally do so I've had more time to decorate & get stuff done around the house since we finished most of the construction. I have been shopping a lot & sometimes the girls tag along with me:


Finally, since my schedule has slowed down, I tagged along with Bryan on a business trip last week to Florida. Unfortunately, it was not as warm as I hoped it would be, but it was still nice to get a few days away. I didn't take many pictures but the few I did, were ones I sent home to the girls. First up, we found a new lounge at the airport to have breakfast & I absolutely loved it! Maybe it was flying on a random Tuesday morning in January, but the lounge was empty, quiet, clean & they had several gluten free options for me. Not a bad way to start a trip:


We flew into Jacksonville & stayed at the resort at TPC Sawgrass golf course. Beautiful resort surrounded by water & they even had a floating green:


I took this picture specifically for the girls:


They had miniature golf back there where the gazebo was but I thought the girls would get a kick out of the sign. In case you are wondering, no, we never saw any snakes or alligators!

We enjoyed a few good meals & of course we always find the local ice cream shop:


One morning Bryan had time between calls so we went to tour the clubhouse & the golf course at the TPC Sawgrass course. It was absolutely beautiful & I'm pretty sure Bryan was jealous he couldn't play:




The clubhouse was beautiful & we learned all about the history of the golf course & the tournament. The tournament is actually coming up in March so they were already getting ready for it & had the grand stands set up throughout the course. This is the famous 18th hole with the island green:




The whole trip I couldn't help but notice I did not fit in - it was all groups of men on a golf trip or older, retired couples. Ha! We still enjoyed ourselves & vowed that we would come back when he actually has the time to play. It was a cute little area with some great restaurants & shops so I enjoyed shopping & walking around while he worked. Our hotel even had bikes so that was my main mode of transportation:


Hopefully next time I go back it will be warmer!

No comments:

Post a Comment