Monday, December 13, 2021

Sadie's 10th Birthday

Last week, we officially had someone turn double digits because Sadie is 10! It was a big week for her starting on Monday when she got braces:



Apparently, she does not have wisdom teeth & she has plenty of space, but 2 of her teeth came in crooked on top so we just did upper braces to clean her smile up. She still has a lot of teeth to lose before we will know if she needs a full set, but that will be years away. For now, here is her new smile:


Her actual birthday was last Wednesday & of course she woke up with a few surprises. Instead of putting streamers on her door, I filled her room with balloons & she requested her favorite cinnamon coffee cake for breakfast:






We let her open 1 gift before school & she wanted to open Sophie's! Sophie was so excited to buy her a new blow dryer! I have one but now she thinks she is pretty special because she her own & won't have to borrow mine anymore:



We took her to school like normal, but then I surprised her & picked her up to go get contacts:



She has been asking for contacts for the past year & I know she is still young, but she is pretty responsible. She mostly wants them for sports because her goggles get so foggy, she has a hard time seeing when she sweats. All year I told her we would talk about it when she turned 10 but I don't think she was really expecting it. While we were there, they taught her how to put them in & take them out:


She has done pretty well with them so far! She needed help putting them in the first few days but yesterday she actually did both eyes by herself. And she can take them out pretty easily also. She has had so many compliments the last few days because her eyes are a pretty blue but no one could really see them before. 

Our final surprise of the day was our present for her. I wrapped something small & then we surprised the girls with a shopping spree at Kendra Scott:


I go every year for my birthday & use my birthday discount, so they have been asking if they can do the same thing. Sophie's birthday isn't until next week, but we went ahead & surprised her also. Sadie had fun at the color bar where she created 2 different necklaces, but Sophie bought a matching set with earrings, a necklace & a bracelet. I love both of their styles!





It was such a fun day! And I am still in disbelief I have a 10 year old with braces & contacts. I am so proud of the girl she has become & I know that this next year will be a great one for her!

No comments:

Post a Comment