Friday, January 27, 2017

Pirates in the Caribbean

I realize I have been blogging all week about our Disney Cruise & I have mentioned several things that I liked, but hands down my favorite thing of the week happened the night we got back on the boat from Castaway Cay. As soon as we started researching Disney Cruises, we heard they had pirate parties so I waited until I found the pirate costumes on sale for Halloween 50% off & then I bought the girls matching outfits. Bryan & I don't really like to dress up, but when we got back to our room that night, they had given us red Mickey Mouse Pirate in the Caribbean bandannas so I told the girls I was going to wear mine. Thankfully I did because everyone else on the ship was wearing theirs also:



I was trying to get a good family photo but Sophie was not in a good mood. She was exhausted from playing at the beach all day so she fell asleep while we were getting ready & then she cried when we woke her up. And Sadie was rocking her pirate face:


We didn't know what to expect but it was kind of fun seeing everyone on the ship dressed up & outside hanging out on the deck. It was basically a big dance party & several of the characters were on the stage dancing & singing. The music was awesome! Seriously, I would buy the soundtrack to their pirate party so I can work out to it at home :) We danced all night & eventually Sophie warmed up:








Our first surprise of the night was when Captain Hook repelled down the side of the boat & then Pirate Mickey appeared out of nowhere:


And he finally introduced our last surprise of the evening:


A private firework show out in the middle of the ocean! It was amazing & the kids were so surprised:


It was by far one of the best moments of the trip. We had fun being outside, dressed up, dancing all night with Disney & the gang while ending the night with fireworks. I will always remember our Pirates in the Caribbean Party with the cutest pirates on the ship:


Obviously we had a great time on vacation & we loved traveling with friends. I am not sure we are cruise lovers, but I don't doubt we will probably do another one with the girls some time. Maybe next time when they are a little older & it will be a different experience. But I have to say thank you to the Edwards & Tse families for joining us because they made the trip that much more enjoyable. So glad Alana, Grayson & Sadie brought our families together:

No comments:

Post a Comment