Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Gymnastics x 2

For the past 1 1/2 years, Sophie has sat with me for an hour while Sadie was at gymnastics & for the past couple of months she has been asking if she could go to gymnastics. I did the free trial class with her but if you are under 3, you have to do the mommy & me class & I just felt like it wasn't worth the money. But when you turn 3, you get to move into a class by yourself, so I told Sophie once she turned 3, she could start. Technically she turned 3 in December but with the holidays, she didn't start until last week. I asked for new gymnastic leotards for Christmas & the girls were so excited when they got them. They even got a matching set:


Sadie didn't really start doing extra curricular activities until closer to 4, but since she has been asking, I gave in. Also, I realize that since Sadie starts kindergarten in the fall, they only have until then to do anything together because once Sadie starts school, Sophie will be by herself. The good news is that even though she started at a younger age, she has been watching for a while so she knew exactly what to do once she got out there:


Her class only has 2 other girls in it so she is getting lots of attention. And her coach is the same coach that Sadie started with. He has been great with her so far & she is loving it:



I will admit that she is a little more sporadic & has a harder time following directions. Every now & then I hear her coach having to remind her to stay in line or follow directions :) But for the most part she is doing great & loving it while I am enjoying a little quiet time myself. Instead of entertaining her or chasing her around, I can actually visit with the other moms or read!



I'm not sure if either of my girls will end up being an Olympic gymnast, but it is a fun activity to keep them busy, active & disciplined while they are both still at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment