Friday, December 9, 2016

Sadie is 5!

Yesterday was Sadie's 5th birthday! Can you believe it?! I still cannot believe that 5 years ago Bryan & I were headed to the hospital to have our first child & now she will be heading to kindergarten:


This birthday was special this year for several reasons. First, she knows that she gets to start kindergarten when she turns 5 & she cannot wait! Second, we always told her that she had to stay in her convertible car seat until she turned 5 years old & weighed 40 pounds. Finally, she has had at least 2 hours of quiet time/nap time since she was born & I told her when she turned 5, she wouldn't have to have it anymore. Now I am regretting that last point!

She was so excited that her birthday was on a school day. She kept telling me that she would get a balloon & a birthday crown from her teacher. I also got to come to the school about 30 minutes before they got out & throw a little party for her. I didn't do much, but I did pick up some Capri Sun Apple Juice per her request & I surprised her with cookies. But not just any cookies, a chocolate chip cookie sandwiched with icing & sprinkles in between. I got there early to set up their snacks while they were at recess & it didn't take me long to find Sadie's seat:


She was even more surprised when she walked in & realized that Bryan had joined me. What a fun surprise for the birthday girl:


We had fun getting to watch her in action with her girl friends:


That night, we let her choose dinner. I told her we could go out to eat or I could cook her favorite meal at home. Of course she wanted Mexican - chips with bean dip to be precise! She chose the same restaurant that we went to last year & she kept telling everyone it was her birthday & she asked if they would sing to her like last year:


and they did, cha cha cha!

After dinner, she got to open a few gifts at home & her dreams came true when we gave her a new booster car seat:


I remember 4 years ago when she got her zebra convertible car seat for Christmas. Guess we got our money out of it but it was definitely time for a new one.

It's even harder to imagine that Sophie is turning 3 next week. Tonight we will celebrate both of them with a pajama party & we can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment