Monday, January 11, 2016

Merry Mail

After the craziness of the holidays & our quick trip to Vegas, we finally had a relaxing, quiet weekend at home. Literally. It was cold this weekend so we didn't do much. We did go out to eat Friday night & to church on Sunday morning, but the rest of the time we pretty much hibernated & it was perfect. While I was sitting by the fireplace watching tv, I realized that I forgot to take down one of my Christmas decorations:
 

This was a new addition I bought this year & I loved it! I have been looking for the past couple of years for something to hold our Christmas cards. I always see cute ones, but they are usually pretty small. I found this one at Kirkland's & it was pretty cheap. You can't really see, but it has 4 ribbons hanging below the sign that are red & white polka dot & then it came with 25 small clothes pins to hang up the cards. I quickly realized that I should have bought more than 1 because we outgrew this one pretty quickly & the rest of the cards just piled up on the counter. But I have to say that I love how everyone does picture cards now! We exchange cards with a lot of friends who we do not live by or see often, so I really enjoy seeing new pictures every year. I always look at the cards throughout the month as we receive them, but I took some extra time to sit down & go through them yesterday & I really enjoyed looking at them again. So now my wall is blank again & I am already missing my merry mail :) Thank you to friends & family who sent cards our way - I truly appreciate the time & energy it takes to send one during the busy holiday season!


No comments:

Post a Comment