Monday, October 20, 2014

Patio Furniture

We had another shipment of patio furniture delivered last Friday. The good news is that everything looks beautiful. The bad news is not everything was delivered. Or delivered correctly. Apparently, there was a typhoon that hit the cargo ship that was carrying furniture over & 13 containers were lost at sea. One of those containers were carrying a few of our pieces :( We had ordered a chair & a matching ottoman to go with our love seat. I know it's disappointing, but honestly, we can patiently wait another 6 weeks, I guess. But I'm hoping we get a discount!
 
The second issue was our dining table. They delivered a table & it was the exact one I picked out - design & size, however it was the wrong height. They ordered a bar table to go with out regular dining chairs. Needless to say I refused delivery & they sent it back. Bummer. Another special order that will take another 6 weeks.......
 
But everything else looks beautiful! We had a work day around the house on Saturday & we put all of the furniture out where it goes, cleaned all of the outdoor appliances in the kitchen, etc. & of course I had to take pictures:
 
 
Ok, these are our dining chairs, but this is an extra folding table I had at the house. I was so excited to start using the outdoors so I set up something temporary until our new table comes in. It should be a 54" round table with a lazy susan. Can't wait!
 
 
In the picture above, you can see our new bar stools & our clean kitchen! Actually, our grill has a black cover on it now, but I took it off for the pictures.
 

 
We set up a lounge area in front of the fireplace with a crescent shaped love seat. This is probably the most comfortable piece of furniture we bought & I think we are all fighting to sit there! Next to it is a small side table & eventually the chair & ottoman will go on the other side of the table. As you can see, we even cleaned off the picnic table & put it back there. I think Sadie has eaten every single meal out there since we put it out!
 

 
Just a couple of additional pictures from different angles. I love all of the bar stools & chairs because they rock & swivel so you can turn from any direction to see the tv or the fireplace or the pool.
 
Finally we set up 2 different seating areas around the pool. The first is by our kiddie gate & the main tanning ledge:
 
 
We splurged & bought 2 chaise lounges with wheels. They are so easy to move & I am glad we listened to our friends on this suggestion. The small side table had a hole for a 9 foot umbrella, which can also be easily moved if we want to open it & shade the pool if the girls are playing on the tanning ledge. I hope to spend a lot of time lounging in these chairs!
 
The other side of the pool we bought a bistro table with 2 chairs. The swing set will be on this side of the yard, so I figured this would be a good spot for me to sit while the girls play. That way I can have a table to put my phone/book/drink on while they are out there. And it also came with a hole for a 9 foot umbrella in case I want to get out of the sun. I hope this area can also be used as over flow seating if we have a party. Or we can pull up these 2 chairs to our main dining table to sit more:
 
 
As you can see, I ordered a beautiful striped umbrella that has lime green & turquoise colors & then bought matching pillows & cushions everywhere else to match. The name of the turquoise color is Aruba & thought it was perfect - it goes exactly with the vision I had in mind for our backyard paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment