Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Kiddie Fence

I won't bore all of you with my weekly e-mails full of pictures & notes about our backyard project since most of it is done. However, I will post a random blog here & there if we have something worth reporting.
 
Yesterday, they installed our kiddie fence. I was hesitant that it was going to obstruct our view, but it actually turned out better than I expected:
 

The fence is mesh, so you can see right through it. We chose one that is 3 foot tall, so Sadie can't reach over it yet. It has one main gate which you can see to the left in this picture, which allows access to the main tanning ledge. On the other side, we have 2 manual openings for the other tanning ledge & the hot tub:
 
 
The fence can easily be removed if we have a party, but otherwise, it will probably stay up most of the time. The main gate has a key & a lock that we can use to really secure it, but other than that it is pretty easy to maneuver. In fact, it may be a little too easy. Sadie saw us opening it & I think already learned how to do it. She went right into the house, tried to bring her step stool outside so she could reach it, but we quickly put a stop to that. We told her that only mommy & daddy could open it. We'll see how long that lasts!
 
 
I think they did a good job positioning it so the kids can play in the back yard & on the back porch, but cannot access the pool unless someone opens it for them. It's kind of ironic writing about this because I do have one story to share. As I am cleaning up the kitchen after dinner last night, I hear Sadie screaming for me in the backyard. When I go out there, she is soaking wet - from her head to her toes. Apparently her & Bryan were walking around the pool & he was texting our pool builder & when he turned around, she was in the pool. I guess he didn't see it happen, so I don't know if she slipped or fell in, but thank goodness for swimming lessons because she turned right around, grabbed the wall & started monkey walking. I can officially say that is the first accident we have had in our new pool & that's why I think it is ironic that it happened the day our kiddie fence was installed :) But I guess it was a good lesson for her & it was officially the first time she has fallen in the water fully clothed - shoes & all!



No comments:

Post a Comment