Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Sunny Days are Here Again

We have been talking about school for a couple of weeks now since FISD started before Labor Day & finally the day has come. Sadie started her 2nd year at Sonshine School today! Technically it is a mother's day out program until they turn 3 & then it is considered pre-school, but to her it is just school! We invited one of her friends from class over yesterday & they hadn't seen each other all summer so she was pretty pumped to play with her. She talked about Ellie & her teacher, Mrs. Gray all night. When she woke up from her nap yesterday afternoon, I gave her a back to school gift with new sippy cups & she thought they were awesome. I love that a cheap, plastic cup brings the biggest smile to my daughter's face! And then she got to take a special bath by herself with pink bath water followed by a manicure & pedicure. Apparently she couldn't contain all of her excitement because she was awake until almost 10:00 last night :) That didn't stop her from waking up in a good mood though! After breakfast, we took the obligatory first day of school pictures before we headed out the door:
 
 
I had that backpack loaded down, but that didn't stop her from carrying it!
 
 
When we picked her up, we learned that she ate all of her lunch & that she wasn't tired. That didn't surprise me at all :) The girl always eats & is not a social sleeper. I don't even know why I waste my time sending a nap mat with her. But when we got home, she crashed. By the time she went up to her room for her nap, it was already 3:00 & she tried hard to stay up & play, but within 10 minutes she had already crawled in to bed & had fallen asleep. Guess she had so much fun at school that it wore her out!
 
By the way, I will give a quick shout out to my mom for buying this adorable skirt for her. It is actually reversible & I totally love that I can dress it up or down depending on the occasion. And Sherry gave her money for fall clothes, so we went shopping with her Friday night & she got her new shoes. Thanks grandmothers!


No comments:

Post a Comment