Monday, September 1, 2014

Happy Labor Day!

Our labor day weekend started off slow, well, it did for me at least. I woke up not feeling good on Friday so we ended up cancelling all of our plans on Friday & Saturday :( Not a fun way to end your summer.
 
Friday night we had a babysitter booked & we had plans to go to Splitsville, which is this fancy bowling alley, with 4 other couples. I actually planned it like a month ago so I was pretty bummed that they all got to go without us. Bryan decided to come up with plan b to get the girls out of the house so he took them up to the high school football game. You know we started taking Sadie last year & she loved it:
 
 
First of all, I think we have brain washed our daughter into liking sports like we do :) Also, she really enjoys the band & the cheerleaders. While they were there, they took a couple of selfies & sent me pictures to cheer me up:
 

 
So sad I missed bowling & Friday night lights!
 
On Saturday, I felt a little better, but not 100%. We decided to skip opening day at UT (can you believe it?!) & had invited friends over to watch the game at our house. I was hesitant for anyone to come over since I was still a little under the weather, so we had to un-invite our friends. Don't worry, we still watched the game & tailgated just the 4 of us. I was so excited to dress the girls up in their UT Saturday morning & then Bryan took them for an hour bike ride followed by play time at the park. By the time they got home, they were both covered in dirt & sweat, so we gave them baths before nap time & I didn't even get a picture of them in their UT outfits! Sadie attempted to play during nap time, but like usual, she couldn't fight it anymore & finally fell asleep:
 
 
I guess she was exhausted from her crazy Friday night! When the girls woke up, we watched the game & cooked out burgers. Unfortunately, we did not put cute longhorn outfits back on, but that didn't stop our little longhorn cutie from cheering:
 
 
The good news about tailgating at home is you can make home made ice cream!
 
 
You can tell she helped me make the ice cream, but also kept her eye on the football game. This was the first time we made home made ice cream at home & she thought was it extra special when she got to decorate hers with chocolate & sprinkles:
 
 
Even though our weekend didn't start out as planned, we still enjoyed some family down time around the house. By Sunday, I was feeling much better & ready to get back to normal, so we celebrated the end of summer the right way - with a pool party! In fact, that's where we are headed again today - another pool party! There's no better way to celebrate labor day - here's to enjoying the last few days of summer!


No comments:

Post a Comment