Saturday, August 30, 2014

Backyard Oasis - Week 4

We started off the week with a bang & then things slowed down. Of course. That is the most frustrating part of this whole process! I will admit, I have been patient so far, but this was the first week I got a little perturbed.
 
On Monday, they installed our gas lines which run from our meter at the front/corner of our house to the pool equipment, gas grill & fireplace. Of course that meant another trench had to be dug:
 




 
Apparently the yellow tubing is the gas line. And I'm sure no one cares about these photos, but I didn't have much else to document this week!
 
The next morning, an inspector showed up & we passed inspection on our gas lines:
 
 
I don't know if you can read it, but the green ticket says "Acceptable" & is basically a green light to move forward with the project.
 
The stone guys came after lunch that day & finally finished the grotto:
 
 
That big piece of stone weighs 1500 pounds & took 5 guys to get it up there! And if you look at the left hand side, you can see that they made the rocks into steps so people can climb up there. The other side isn't built with steps, but we hope to have landscaping on that side of the pool so technically no one should be over there. I already climbed my way to the top & am ready to jump off once we fill this thing up with water!
 
They started working on the rock water fall from the hot tub, but it got dark & they didn't finish, I really thought they would come back this week, but now it's 4 days later & I still haven't seen them :(
 
 
On Wednesday, someone from the gas company came back out & filled in the trenches to cover the gas lines since we passed inspection, but that didn't take long at all. Supposedly the subcontractor who is building our patio cover was coming over on Thursday to start building the roof, but we never saw him. Then our pool builder said that the beams of wood weren't delivered on time, so they would come on Friday, but then they still never showed. When Bryan talked to our pool builder today, he seemed a little frustrated in the subcontractor because the wood did come in yesterday but he didn't want to do anything today since there was a chance of rain. I actually watched the news this morning & there is no rain in the forecast for the next 7 days. I think he just didn't want to work because it's a Saturday. Now they say they are coming over first thing Monday morning, but we'll see because that's a holiday!
 
Oh-well, I keep telling myself to be patient. That this time next year we will have college football playing on the tv outside while the kids are swimming in the pool & we will be grilling & hanging out with family & friends all weekend!


No comments:

Post a Comment