Sunday, September 7, 2014

Favorite Part of Fall

I've been reading all of these blogs lately about how everyone is excited about fall. The cooler air, the changing of the leaves, apple flavors & fall décor. Don't get me wrong, I love all of that, but this is what I miss the most about fall:
 

College football! I absolutely love watching college football, more specifically, the Texas Longhorns! Probably because I have been following them for over 10 years now - as long as I've known Bryan.
 
 
 In fact, we have been to most home games in Austin during those years & several away games, too. We finally made it down this weekend & even though we got killed, I still loved being there. I love the atmosphere - the cheering, the crowds, the music, etc. And the food?! Well, let's just say I gained about 2 pounds this weekend. But honestly, this is probably my favorite date night that Bryan & I go on together:
 

 
Sometimes we meet up with friends, but a lot of times it is just the 2 of us. I love that we have a hobby together. And I love that we can go to a game for a couple of hours & get away from the craziness of home - our kids, our schedules, life.
 
We actually made a day trip on Saturday & took the girls with us. We slept in that morning & then we had an easy drive because Sophie slept most of the way & Sadie watched a movie. But when we made it to Austin, we dropped them off at my sister's house. From the pictures I saw & what I heard, the girls had a blast playing with their cousins! First they played with play dough:
 

 
Then they spent some time outside riding bikes & playing:
 

 
Apparently they even tried to influence my daughter with their Texas Tech ways:
 
 
Yes, she is wearing a longhorn outfit with Kason's Texas Tech boots & she has her guns up :( In her defense, we try to help her with the longhorn sign all the time, but it's kind of hard for her toddler hands & throwing a guns up is much easier.
 
After baths, they got to watch a movie:
 
 
before hitting the sack:
 
 
A few hours later, Bryan & I snuck in & transferred them to the car. Sophie woke up briefly, but went right back to sleep & never made a peep. Sadie on the other hand, woke up for about 15 minutes or so, but was pretty groggy & eventually went back to sleep. Both of the girls slept the entire way home & we had them in bed by 2:00 in the morning. I didn't really know how a day trip would work with them, but it seemed to be a success & I think it was worth it for the extra time they got to spend with their cousins. Thanks Aunt Natalie & Uncle Daniel for letting our girls crash your Saturday night!


No comments:

Post a Comment