Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Block Party

Our neighbors just finished their outdoor living space & pool so they invited all of our neighbors over for an impromptu cook out on Sunday afternoon. Poor Sophie was even sicker than the few days before so she had to stay home & Bryan stayed with her, but Sadie & I joined the fun. They have been working on their back yard project for the past couple of months & we have popped in several times to see the process & ask questions so it was fun seeing the finished product!
 
I don't know if you can tell from the pictures, but the pool was happening. I think at one point I counted 23 children swimming at the same time:
 

 
It was so fun seeing everyone & getting to visit. Sadie was in her own little world. She discovered the hot tub & thought it was a baby pool made just for her. She literally swam around the entire square most of the night from side to the other:
 
 
I have to brag & say that she is so responsible in the water. She loves to swim but she knows her limits. I can't believe we were there for 3 hours & I didn't have to get in the water once because she listened so good. Most of the time I was able to sit back & eat except for when she decided to monkey walk the entire pool:
 
 
Then I decided to follow her around the outside of the pool just in case she got tired & fell in. I mean their pool goes to 6 feet & that's a deep end for a 2 year old!
 
Before I left we snapped a picture of the Nate boys: Trevor & Logan since they graciously opened their house for us. They are so sweet to Sadie & are always watching out for her!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment