Friday, July 4, 2014

Hotter 'N Firecracker

Happy Independence Day! We kicked off our July 4th holiday with a date night last night, however, it wasn't your conventional date. I read about a new race in Frisco Square called Hotter 'N Firecracker. It was July 3 at 9:00 - that's right, it was a night race! I have heard of these firefly races before at night so I thought it would be fun for something different. Everybody there was decked out in glow apparel & they had music streaming from speakers all & up down the course. It was a blast! They had a crazy light up wall that everyone took pictures in front of, kind of like the red carpet with paparazzi:
 
 
Our friends Eva, Blake & Harlow joined us:
 
 
This is Bryan & I at the starting line waiting for the gun to go off:
 
 
We quickly got separated & he smoked me in the race, but I did good considering I just had a baby 6 months ago! And we just found out & signed up for this race - it's not like we have been training or anything. Luckily we are both in pretty good shape so running 3.2 miles isn't that hard. I was able to run it easily but I was hoping to get under a certain time & I think I ran a slower pace at the beginning so it took me 2 extra minutes than I was hoping for :( I guess next time I will start stronger.
 
We finally met up at the finish line:
 
 
and celebrated with our friends afterwards:
 
 
But the celebration really started when we went to go get ice cream afterwards:
 
 
What a fun night! Next time, we will have to bring the girls.


No comments:

Post a Comment