Wednesday, November 20, 2013

More Projects.....

I mentioned that I have been working on all sorts of projects around the house lately, so I thought I would share some. My sister made all of these super cute Longhorn decorations with sparkly burnt orange paper & leopard fabric that I have always had hanging outside of Sadie's room. I figured it would be more appropriate if I moved it closer to the game room where the rest of our longhorn gear is.
 

I figured it's ok to have all of the girly Longhorn stuff since I will have 2 girls! Obviously I am going to add the new baby's name to the sign - I have even have the paper to do it, we just don't have a name yet :) We also have a letter from Mack Brown that is a cheerleading scholarship for Sadie. I have it framed & I even bought an extra frame so we can get one for little sister as well.
 
I have also garnered a lot of Sadie's artwork since she started school this fall. It quickly became overwhelming & was piling up on my desk, so I turned the art niche by her bedroom into a literal art niche. I bought this wire device from Ikea where I can hang her art for display!
 
 
Sadie loves walking by it & always points to her art. Such a proud girl! Eventually, we would like to have 2 desks made here so the girls can do their homework & have a place for themselves, but for now it makes a good showroom.
 
I also created a library upstairs, which is outside both of the girl's bedrooms. We moved a bookshelf upstairs from Bryan's office which holds all of our adult books:
 
 
I had a lot of books in my office, which went away when we converted it into a nursery. Bryan had books in his office as well, so I went through all of them, sold a bunch at Half Price & the ones we kept went on this shelf. I also had a lot of photo albums in my office & I was able to organize & store them in the bottom of the bookshelf out of sight. Then I had to create a cute sitting area just for show. I didn't think we would sit up there a lot & read, but surprisingly Sadie likes to sit there. She grabs one of her books off her bookshelf & crawls into the chair for some quiet time.
 
 
Yep, that's right - I even created a library for the girls. All of the books were in Sadie's room, but I thought it would make better sense to have them all together in once place so both of the girls can share them. As I said earlier, this whole area (both bookshelves, sitting area & art niche) are in the space right outside of the girls' rooms upstairs.
 
I even have to go a step farther & brag just a little to let you know that I hung everything you see, moved all of the furniture & put together the bookshelf by myself. I have been quite handy these days & I have gotten a lot done - probably even stuff a pregnant woman isn't supposed to do......
 
I've also been hard at work in the nursery & it looks beautiful! All of the major stuff is done & I have pictures, but I am not ready to share them yet until I finish accessorizing a few small things. But overall we are ready for the baby whenever she is ready to come, but hopefully I have a little bit longer to finish a few more things.



No comments:

Post a Comment