Thursday, August 1, 2013

Mama on the Move

For the past couple of months, my grandmother has had a hard time. She lost her vision about a year ago & unfortunately, she never regained it. Since then, her health has also declined. My family finally moved her into an assisted living facility a few months ago but she has spent more time in & out of the hospital & rehab facilities than she had her new living quarters. Finally, my Mom decided that she needed to move closer so she could help take care of her. My poor Mom had already driven from Houston to Lubbock to take care of her more times than I can count. Last week my parents finally made their last trip to Lubbock to pack up my grandmother & help her move. It was a long trip back to Conroe, but they made it home safely on Sunday & they finally got her settled into her new assisted living home on Tuesday. I know it was hard for my grandmother to leave West Texas since she has been there her whole life, but I think she will enjoy Conroe & I know it will help my Mom feel better knowing that she can take better care of her while she only lives 6 miles away instead of 500 miles away.
 
I have to admit that I have felt a little guilty lately because I hadn't made it out to Lubbock to see her, so we made a special stop last Thursday before I headed to the mountains. She didn't know Sadie & I were in town, so it was fun to surprise her!
 
 
While we were there, Sadie found an i-phone charger that she apparently thought was ear phones. Bryan wears his white i-phone headphones so she knew exactly what to do with them (or so she thought.....)
 
 
She really had a good time being pushed around in the wheel chair by my Dad - if only I had gotten a picture of that!
 
I'm glad my grandmother has settled into her new home & I hope my Mom has peace of mind knowing that she has her Mom close by. In fact, it's kind of weird to think about it, because both of my grandmothers lived 8-9 hours away & growing up I didn't see them as often, but now both of them live in Conroe. I hope we get to see them more often as we travel home & as Sadie grows up. She is fortunate to have both of her great grandmothers in her life!


No comments:

Post a Comment