Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Summer Shopping

I have to admit that this is one of my favorite times of year to go shopping, besides the Christmas holidays. It seems like Texas has great summer sales. Starting in late July, they start slashing the prices on summer clothes & start getting ready for fall already - even though it will still be a 100 outside for the next month or two! Since Sadie was born, I have learned that the winter sales are never as good as the summer sales. Probably because it stays warm here most of the year & our winter isn't that extreme.
 
My parents came up for a quick visit earlier this week (& when I say quick, I mean quick. They weren't even here 24 hours & somehow I didn't get any pictures) They drove up late Sunday night, spent the day with Sadie on Monday & then headed home that evening. We had a great time playing & visiting but my favorite part was the shopping! After we put Sadie down for her afternoon nap, my Mom & I snuck off to the mall. We both knew the summer sales had already started plus we had coupons. I just have to brag & say that we had a great time & stocked up on a lot! Not only for Sadie, but for my niece & nephews as well.
 
For starters, I found pajamas for 70-75% off:
 
 
I also bought a few play outfits:
 
 
 And a couple of sundresses:
 
 
I also picked up a few miscellaneous items along the way like a bathing suit cover up & a few more tops:
 
 
Now remember, Sadie is already set for this summer - I bought all of this for next summer! I even got really excited when I found a few things for her to wear for Memorial Day, July 4 & Labor Day:
 
 
I got the patriotic dress for 75% also. Can you tell I am just a bit proud :) Must be the accountant in me because I really get excited about shopping the sales rack! Especially for children since they out grow their clothes so quickly.
 
Last but not least, I may have done some shopping on behalf of Santa Clause. My Mom was digging through this sales bin picking out underwear for my nephew & it dawned on me - I should probably start buying big girl underwear for Sadie! Granted, she doesn't need it yet, but the smallest size they make is 2T so I went ahead & bought a bunch on sale.
 
 
I think I am going to roll it up, tie it with ribbon & make it a cute stocking stuffer at Christmas. She'll be 2 by that time & I am sure we will be starting that daunting process sometime after that.
 
I know some of you think I am probably crazy but if not, I encourage you to get out & hit the sales racks before all the good sizes are taken. Now I only need to look for bathing suits - they have yet to be marked down as low as I would like.......
 
Thanks Mom for going shopping with me & picking up some stuff for Sadie. She will be one summer cutie if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment