Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Solar Eclipse

In case you haven't heard, yesterday we experienced a once in a lifetime solar eclipse & we just lucked out & happened to be in the path of totality! We were nervous about the weather but somehow the clouds held off for a beautiful morning & the storms rolled in later that evening. Our school gave the students the option to stay home if they wanted an excused absence, but our girls love going to school & I thought this would be fun for them to experience with their friends. Bryan & I stayed home & we kept going outside every so often during the 2-3 hour duration. Bryan found a good spot on the trampoline where he watched it:


We did stay outside between 1:30 - 2:00 so we wouldn't miss the full eclipse & it was pretty amazing! I could not believe how quickly it turned dark. It only lasted 3-4 minutes but it was pretty cool. I tried to take a few pictures of our back yard, but I think the flash came on so it looks brighter than it actually was:



The girls loved experiencing it at school & told us all about it last night. Sophie's teacher actually shared pictures with us last night that made my heart giddy to see Sophie's expression:



I took a picture of the full eclipse but I'll be honest, Mrs. Martin's picture is better than mine so this is hers:


Such a neat experience for all of us - something we will always remember!

No comments:

Post a Comment