Monday, September 10, 2018

PhotoCircle

One of the coolest things about school these days are the technology advances. Last year Sadie's teacher used a really cool app called SeeSaw, which allowed us to see pictures, videos & homework from Sadie during the school day. This year, her teacher is using SeeSaw again, plus the remind app to text us & a new app I had never heard of called PhotoCircle. Literally last night her teacher uploaded 331 pictures from the first few weeks of school. I had so much fun scrolling through all of the pictures. Most of the kids I recognize, some faces help me put names associated to them & I got to see what all they are doing at school. Some of it I had heard about & some I didn't have a clue! Of course I downloaded a bunch of the pictures to have for myself. 

First up, I might have written that Sadie's school qualified for double recess this year. They have their traditional, normal recess in the afternoon but in the morning they have structured brain breaks:



They also had visits from their counselor & digital learning instructor:



They have lots of independent reading time & all sorts of different places to sit in while they read:





Weekly trips to the library & this year they get to check out 2 books instead of 1:


At lunch they get to choose where they want to sit:


They have morning meetings:


Math manipulatives:




And she loves science! They get to go to the science lab once a week. One day they had to bring teddy bears from home to help with their experiments:


One day they made jitter juice:



She is loving science this year:





It's no wonder she loves going to school every day! So far she is loving her teacher, loving 1st grade & I am loving this new app!


No comments:

Post a Comment