Friday, August 24, 2018

Life Lately

The past week has been all about getting back on a normal routine, which was a big change from summer but I am loving it! Call me crazy, but I kind of love having a schedule. I love waking up at the same time every day, which is at 5:30 again now that school has started. I love having more time during the day to run errands, jump on the computer or start prepping dinner. I love having dinner at a normal time again at night! I know it's only been a week, but that's what I love about the change in seasons. If only we could have fall weather to go along with it!

Ok, let's kick off our pictures where we left off at the end of last week - the first day of school:


Sadie's teacher sent us a picture on the first day & I love it! I love seeing her classroom & all her new friends. You can't really see but their school counselor & principal are in there also. She also sent us this sweet picture of Sadie & some of her friends at recess:


She came home & told me that she played with all of her boy friends from her class last year. They played Incredibles & she got to be Mrs. Incredible. 

On Friday, soccer practice started for Sadie's team so the littles had fun playing:


Afterwards we went to our neighborhood's back to school bash. They had a movie outside by the pool & the girls had fun staying up late & seeing friends:



On Sunday I couldn't help but grab a selfie as we were all piled on the golf cart:


Poor Sadie's hair got in the way! After church we went to lunch & it was so nice, we ate outside. Hard to imagine lunching outside in the middle of August!


That afternoon, Sophie got invited to a mermaid swimming birthday party. You know that is right up her alley!





We had a few birthday parties this summer, but I feel like they are back in full swing now that school has started again. We have 3 on Saturday!

And then another school week started. Bryan takes Sadie to school most mornings but one morning he was already gone so Sadie hitched a ride with our neighbors since Sophie was still asleep:


Sophie still has 2 more weeks at home before she starts school so we have enjoyed our time together. We've met friends at the park & the splash pad, we've had friends over to swim, we've gone to the gym - lots of fun play dates & of course I haven't taken any pictures. I've enjoyed visiting with friends & hanging out while the littles play. I did however get pictures from a friend when she invited us over for her birthday party:



We had such a fun time celebrating with all of the other moms & kids! Now we are looking forward to a fun weekend. We definitely have a few things on the calendar, but nothing early Saturday morning so we are looking forward to sleeping in one last time before the craziness of fall soccer begins again!

No comments:

Post a Comment