Friday, August 17, 2018

1st Day of 1st Grade

It's hard to believe, but summer is officially over & school has officially started! Yesterday was the first day of school & Sadie was so excited to go back as a 1st grader. We went shopping a few times & I let her pick out a few new clothes for school, including this new flip sequin shirt & her new high top-boots/tennis shoes:



Not exactly the outfit I would have picked out but she has been talking about it for weeks! Her pink mermaid backpack & lunchbox that we bought for kindergarten still look brand new so thankfully she was fine using those again:


This girl has slept until 9:00 most days this summer so I was worried she would be tired when her alarm clock went off at 7:00 in the morning but she was so pumped, she jumped right up & got ready. Sophie, not so much. She wasn't that excited to be woken up early:


Sadie requested cinnamon rolls for breakfast so I made them & she was excited to eat on her special plate:


And then it was time to head to the school:




We were so excited to see Mrs. Nancy again:


Sadie was like a pro - she walked right in liked she ruled the school & had no hesitancy walking into her class by herself. Afterwards, Bryan headed home while Sophie & I headed to the library for the Boo Hoo/Yahoo breakfast. Since I am on the PTA board, I thought I should stop by to welcome some of the new families. Sophie was excited to see Kate there:


Future kindergarteners & class of 2032 right there!

Last year Bryan treated Sophie & I to a lunch date so he did the same this year:


Guess next year I will get to go out with Bryan by myself!

After school we had more time to visit with friends & take pictures since we were all rushed in the morning:



We eventually headed to Sweet Frog & met half the school there for frozen yogurt:


It was a great day. Sadie loved school, loved her new teacher, enjoyed seeing old friends & meeting new ones. And the best part, is that she still likes to tell me all about it afterwards :) I am sure one of these days she won't want to talk to me as much as she does now so I try to listen as much as possible! Here's to another school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment