Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Life Lately, First Week of Summer Edition

And we are still catching up from my photo dump with pictures from the first week of summer. I always keep our first week of summer low key so we can sleep in, enjoy not being on a schedule & do whatever we want. Unfortunately, the one caveat to that is swim team. Technically, Sadie has swim team practice Monday - Thursday for 1 hour every morning. At first I was kind of dreading it, but honestly, it was kind of nice to have something to make us get out of the house. We still got to sleep in, but that made the day go by faster by leaving. So far Sadie loves practice & Sophie has found friends that she likes to play with while we  are there:


Summer basketball started this week & Sadie had her first game:



We met friends at the movie theater for the summer movie club:


We saw Boss Babies & I still think $1 kid movies in the summer is my favorite thing!

Apparently Bryan let Sadie & Sophie go for a drive one night:


One of the items on our summer bucket list was to put together all of our puzzles. When Sophie was younger, she would mix all of our puzzle pieces together so they were all unorganized. We started this project before school got out, but we officially sorted 23 different puzzles & got them all put together:


Sadie ran with me to the mall one day to run an errand:


The girls & I worked out together one morning & we had a great time! We drove to the park & then we did 2 miles. Sophie rode her scooter the entire time, but Sadie ran the first mile with me & then she rode her scooter for the second half:



Afterwards we played at the park & it was such a fun morning! I have a feeling we will be doing this again, as long as we go before it gets too hot. 

One of our favorite activities of the week was swimming! We invited friends over a couple of times & had the best time outside:









The girls have swam several times this year, but this was the first time I actually got in the water with them & I have to admit - I was shocked when I saw Sophie! I have watched her in swimming lessons all school year but something clicked in the past 2 weeks & she is doing incredible! The best I have ever seen her swim. She can pretty much swim our entire pool without help now. And she jumps off everything just like the big kids:


I'm so excited to see all the money I invested into swimming lessons finally paid off! And I am so proud of her new found confidence :)

But our favorite activity from the first week of summer, has to be Sadie's first sleepover! She has been asking to have a sleepover all year. She spent the night with a friend over the Christmas holiday but none of her friends have been brave enough to come spend the night with us yet, until now. Her BFF Kenzie came over on Monday night & they had the best time! She had dinner with us & afterwards we let them have popsicles:


They played so well all night, including Sophie! We wanted the big girls to feel special though so around 9:00, we asked Sophie to go to bed. Poor girl did not like that idea:


We thought we were being nice by letting her go to sleep in our bed, but she still cried herself to sleep :( The big girls on the other hand, got to stay up late & watch a movie:


I finally made them calm down & go to Sadie's bedroom around 11:00 to get ready for bed:


They stayed up playing games, talking & reading books, but they finally fell asleep by midnight. Only because I had to go up there a couple of times & ask them to calm down. They might have stayed up all night if I let them!

All in all, it was a great first week of summer! So far, the girls aren't bored & we had a lot of fun. I am sure that will change eventually, but I have a feeling it's going to be our best summer yet. I absolutely love that we don't have nap time anymore & they are ok staying up a little later. It's going to be a fun summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment