Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Last Day of Kindergarten

Last Friday was Sadie's last day of school & I still cannot believe that she has finished kindergarten & will officially be in 1st grade already! 


They had a pretty fun week at school playing games, putting together puzzles, reading - I'm not sure how much learning got done but they had a great time. And their week ended with a fun surprise - end of the year parties on Friday morning. This year their teachers surprised them & they had a summer party outside. First up, snow cones:




They had sidewalk chalk, bubbles, games & inflatable water slides. I didn't get too many pictures because I was volunteering at one of the water slides but I got a lot of shots when she stopped by my station:







Luckily I got a couple of pictures with a few of her friends:




The kids were wet & muddy so we got to walk them back inside to help them get cleaned up & changed before most of them left. I heard rumors that most kids didn't stay all day & left after the class party & to my surprise, most of them did. Actually, I would say about 2/3 of her class left but no way could I convince Sadie to leave. She absolutely loves school & was having too much fun to leave:


Since it was close to lunchtime, I stayed to have lunch with her one last time & all of her friends were excited to buy their lunches in the cafeteria one last time:


After lunch I headed home but it appears they had a fun afternoon:


I could not have asked for a better school year for her! We loved her school, loved her teacher & all of the new friends she met. I have a feeling she will miss school but she is excited about summer also. And I am sure we will be having lots of play dates with all of her new friends :) 

Cheers to summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment