Monday, June 4, 2018

Kindergarten Celebration of Learning - Sadie

Whew! It's been a busy couple of weeks & I haven't even been on the computer in almost 2 weeks. Things got crazy with the end of school, Bryan & I snuck off to the Bahamas for the long holiday weekend and the girls got to spend some extra time with both sets of grandparents. We've got a lot to catch up on, so we'll start with school first. Sadie had a special awards ceremony at her school called Celebration of Learning. I guess they do this every year for every grade and they do every grade on a different day so it was nice & small with just the kindergarten families:



Even all of the future kindergarteners from the class of 2032 showed up to support their older siblings:



 Each class got to vote on awards for each of the students & Sadie's friends voted her magnificent manners:






Of course I got a little camera happy taking pictures of her! Bryan was out of town so I actually took video & lots of pictures for him. I was shocked she won an award for manners - thank goodness she has them at school because she does not always have them at home! After class awards, they gave out awards for all of their special classes: art, library, music & PE. To my surprise, she won the library award:


I barely got a picture this time because I wasn't expecting it. So I kept my camera ready & thank goodness I did because at the end, they gave out one last award. The school's theme for the year was camping so they chose 1 boy & 1 girl from each class to win the Happy Camper award & she won!




I don't know who was more shocked - me or her! Honestly, I was so proud of her. She absolutely loves school & it makes me happy to hear how well she has done. 

Afterwards, we took pictures:





And the pictures didn't stop there - we took pictures with lots of her friends:







Austin is one of her close boy friends in fact, he may have been referenced as her boyfriend at one time :) He also got the Happy Camper of the year award:


But my favorite picture of the day is this one:


The kids were walking back to their classroom & Sophie was so excited she walked with them & when I looked up, I saw Sadie holding her hand & talking her through the school. It was absolutely adorable! I love their friendship & can't wait for Sophie to join her at Pink next year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment