Friday, February 23, 2018

Life Lately

Are you ready for our random photo dump? Here is a little glimpse into our daily life over the past week or so. First up, I found this cute picture that my mom took of Sadie when they went to lunch while we were in Washington DC:


And we got this picture from Sadie's teacher last week when they had their Jump Rope for Life pep rally at school:


Their actual Jump Rope for Heart event is at school tomorrow. 

Soccer practice officially started for both of the girls last week:


I'm not sure what is going on in this picture because both of them were really excited to be there! Unfortunately, it has been a monsoon all week & they have already cancelled practice for tomorrow & opening day for games on Saturday :(

Sadie had a girl scout meeting last weekend & since it was actually warm weather, the girls hung around & played outside while the moms visited:



We had a family date at the movies & Bryan bought us a large tub of popcorn for all of us to share. I looked over at one time during the movie & realized that the tub was as big as Sophie! And she probably ate the most of it:


We also did some baking over the weekend. My mom gave the girls these really cute heart skillets that came with little baking sets so they made a heart brownie & a heart cookie:





They turned out really cute & we enjoyed eating them warm out of the oven with a scoop of ice cream on top :) Which is why I woke up Monday morning & put one of these notes on mine & Bryan's bathroom mirrors:


We both love sweets but eat way too many. Especially since the holidays. And when I say holidays, I don't mean Christmas. I think it started back in October & hasn't stopped since. So I challenged Bryan to go 5 days (which was Monday - Friday) completely dessert free. Believe me, that is hard for us! It's not like we eat a lot during the week, but it's easy to sneak a piece of candy here or a girl scout cookie there. Let me tell you, we are both having withdrawals & cannot wait to treat us to something this weekend!

Also on Monday, Hayden came over for a play date with Sophie:


Later in the week, Sadie had Hadley over after school:




I surprised Sadie at lunch one day:


Then Bryan & I both went to chapel for Sophie:



Can you see that sweet girl in the light pink sweatshirt?!

But the big news this week has been the rain. Seriously, it has been raining for the past 4 days straight & I'm not talking a little rain, like non-stop rain. We have all worn our rain boots & carried umbrellas every day:




I'm a little disappointed that soccer will be delayed a week but at the same time, I am hoping it will be re-scheduled for later in the spring when it is warmer & drier outside. Here's to drying out & warming up this weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment