Monday, October 23, 2017

Warrior Dash 2017

On Friday, Sadie's school had their annual fundraiser, the Warrior Dash. I didn't really know what to expect since it was our first time, but we had a great time! I say we because Sadie loved participating while Sophie & I watched :) Unfortunately, Bryan was out of town so he couldn't make it, but you know I took a lot of pictures to share with him! 

First up, each class came up with a team name & had their own poster. Sadie's class was Dunham's Dream Team:


They surprised us when they came out because each class had matching bandanas on. We met outside at the park behind the school where they had an obstacle course set up. The kids had 20 minutes to run around so we ran around with her taking pictures at each obstacle:






One of the sponsors of the event was a martial arts center & they had some of their employees "hitting" the runners with black pads. You could tell the kids loved this part & afterwards, Sadie said it was her favorite part:




One time they hit her so hard her bandana fell off & I got nervous about her glasses so I took them off before she finished the race.



I have no idea how many laps she ran but she was worn out. Sadie is one of those people who always gives 100% & she was breathing heavily at the finish line! At the end, they got to go through a big bounce house obstacle course:




Finally they got to go to the water station to re-hydrate & I was able to meet back up with Sadie & take a picture of her & a few of her friends:



KJ & Sophie had fun running around & cheering for their big sisters too. Guess we will see them out here running in 2 years:


I'm not sure what the final total is that the school raised, but their goal was $38,000 & last I heard we had raised over $40,000. Sadie was really excited about that because if they met their goal, the principal & assistant principal will get slimed! 

I want to personally say thank you to all of our family who donated money on her behalf. Sadie raised over $300 & in return got some fun incentive rewards at school. So proud of her & the rest of the Dunham Dream Team:

No comments:

Post a Comment