Friday, October 20, 2017

Life Lately

Life last week & last weekend, was crazy. This week we finally slowed down again. Don't get me wrong, our weekend was fun, but by Monday morning I was exhausted.

Friday morning before we went to the pumpkin patch, Sadie had Good Morning Pink & it was Pink out Pink Elementary day:


It was exciting to see the bulletin board updated with Sadie's picture from the month before:



That afternoon we decorated one of our pumpkins before we headed to soccer practice:


After the girl's soccer practice, we dropped them off at the church while we went out with our life group. We met at Countdown to Escape & had a great time! Our group did 2 rooms & we were in the cabin room. Supposedly we only had a 40% chance of escaping, but we did it with 20 minutes left to spare!


The next day we had soccer & the girls had their own cheering section:


My parents had just driven up that morning to watch them play. I couldn't help but take a picture of Sophie's team because every single game is in the afternoon in the heat of the afternoon & those poor girls are over it:


Our parents were working hard trying to keep everyone cool:


I mean seriously, mid 90's in mid October?!

After Sophie's game, they were pretty excited to get princess lollipops from snack mom:

It was also Texas-OU weekend & we really wanted to go to the game but we couldn't make it worth with the soccer games. We still wore our orange all day even though we met up with OU friends at the soccer field:


After soccer we met up with friends to watch the game & then we all went to a late dinner:


Our friend Joel & his new fiancĂ© came in to town for the game so we had a great time seeing everyone! 

My parents stayed the weekend so they could attend the fall festival with us at church on Sunday night. They also took Sadie to school on Monday morning & brought her Chick Fil A lunch. I am pretty sure she loved the extra attention! While they were here, my mom bought the girls a few Halloween goodies:


She bought us a couple of baking sets which are perfect gifts because the girls love to bake:


and who knows where she found Longhorn candy! I have never seen this before:


She also bought the girls a skeleton to hang up so they hung it while Sadie was at school:


Bryan had his first site visit for a new job he is working on:


These pictures still make me laugh because I am not used to seeing Bryan in this element. Or in cowboy boots!


Speaking of Bryan, he has been gone most of the week so it's really been the girls & me. We enjoyed a slower week with our normal routine - school, swimming, dance, GA's & Cubbies. I know it sounds like a lot, but it's not really. Although Sophie must still be catching up because when I picked her up from school yesterday, she fell asleep right away:


This is very unusual! She slept the whole way home & stayed asleep for 30 minutes or so until Sadie got in the car at car lane. Next up, we headed to the doctor for flu shots. They were not very happy but at least we got them taken care of. But I surprised them & took them to get ice cream at Chick Fil A since they survived their shots:



Guess Bryan & I need to get them now. Last year I actually got the flu & it was horrible, so hopefully this year we will escape it!

No comments:

Post a Comment