Thursday, October 5, 2017

Kindergarten Fall Field Trip - Pumpkins on the Prairie 2017

Sadie had her first field trip today & she has been counting down the days for the past week! I might have been a little excited also since it was my first time to help chaperone :) I know the kids were excited about the pumpkin patch, but they were also really excited about the school bus:


Sadie goes to a neighborhood elementary school, which literally means we live a half mile from the school & everyone else at the school also lives in our neighborhood, so there are no school buses. Everyone walks, rides their bikes or is dropped off, so this was most of the kids first time to ride a bus:


Our school has 3 kindergarten classes & there was another elementary school from Frisco that had 3 classes also, so there were at least 120 kids out there, plus teachers & parents. But I will admit, they did a great job! They had everyone lined up on a schedule & the classes rotated through stations. Our class started inside where they did pumpkin arts & crafts:



Then we moved outside to pumpkin science:


They learned how pumpkins are considered a fruit, how they are made & then they experimented with different fruits & vegetables to see what would sink & what would float in water. The kids were blown away to see a 20 pound pumpkin float :)

Next up, they had fun running around the hay maze:



So this little girl is Avery. I hear about her every single day. I think they have become besties at school & isn't she so cute?! She is the tiniest little thing. 

After the hay maze, their class got to go on a hay ride:


Then they took a break & met up with the other classes for a picnic lunch:


Followed by pumpkin math. We split up into smaller groups & we took turns measuring & weighing different pumpkins:


Finally, they went to story time:


Did I mention it was miserable out there? It is October & it was still 90 degrees outside. I think you can tell by the look on Sadie's face:


I have to say I was very impressed with this little pumpkin patch. I have always taken the girls to the big one out in the country & was a little disappointed when I heard they were coming here, but not only was it a fun day, but it was very educational! I have enjoyed meeting all of the kids in Sadie's class, their parents & watching all of the friends in action:




Before they left, each kid got to pick a small pumpkin to take home:


Of course, I think I have the cutest pumpkin in the patch!

No comments:

Post a Comment