Monday, October 16, 2017

Big Orange Pumpkin Farm 2017

The past couple of years I have taken the girls to the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm:


We have usually gone with our MOPS group but since I am not in MOPS this year, I had to plan a separate trip. I knew it would be hard to go with Sadie since she is in school now plus she already went to a different pumpkin patch for her field trip, so Jamie & I decided to make it a special day for the little girls:


They had so much fun sitting together in the back by themselves :) 

When we got there, we headed straight to the animals, but this is as close as they got:



Neither girl really wanted to touch them or feed them so we had to do it! Next up, the hay maze:


I kept telling Jamie it was a world of difference being without Sadie. She is so loud & busy - she would have been running around this maze & would have already conquered it a couple of times. Sophie on the other hand, walked it leisurely & was in no hurry to get out. I don't know if she actually would have found her way out if I wouldn't have helped her!

Their favorite part of the day was the hayride:



They liked it so much we rode it twice :) 



In case you are wondering why we aren't dressed in fall colors or why we are all wearing pink, it was actually mid 90's outside. I gave up trying to look cute in the fall! And we had Good Morning Pink at Sadie's school earlier that morning & it was Pink Out Pink Elementary for Breast Cancer Awareness Month. 

Speaking of pink, Sophie loved the pink piggy hay bale:


The girls started getting hungry so we took a break for lunch:


before heading out to the pumpkin patch to pick our pumpkins:




It was a hot day but we had a great time just spending the day with our little ones. I will always remember our annual trips to the Big Orange Pumpkin Farm & will miss going when Sophie starts school:

No comments:

Post a Comment