Monday, August 14, 2017

Weekend Wrap Up

Our weekend started off with a bang because we had a busy Friday. We only have 1 week of summer left so we are trying to see & do as much as possible! We invited friends over on Friday morning to swim & as soon as they got there Sadie found a surprise waiting for them in the pool:


You can't really tell from the picture what it is, but she found a frog at the bottom of the pool by the grotto. All of the kids kept swimming above it & looking at it with their goggles so I finally decided I had to dive in & check it out for myself:


Then I had the idea that we would rescue the frog instead of leaving it in there so we found a beach shovel & I scooped it out. Of course all of the kids wanted to hold it:


Unfortunately the frog drowned so I was going to dispose of him & then I saw another dead frog on the side of the pool & this one stunk:


That's right - 2 stinky, dead frogs. Who knew we were going to have a science lesson while swimming? After that, the kids got back to normal, including jumping off the grotto:






It never gets old sitting there watching the kids jump off over & over :) Thanks for coming over Bethany - I enjoyed catching up with each other!

That afternoon Sadie & I headed up to the playground at Pink Elementary for popsicles in the playground:


All of the kindergarteners were invited & a few of the staff were there including the principal, assistant principal, counselor & our 3 teachers. I tried my best to walk around & introduce myself to everyone but Sadie spent most of the time playing with Kenzie:


What can I say, they are best friends:


I actually didn't take any of these pictures but found them on Pink's Twitter page. Including this one:


Who knew Marggie & I would be matching! Speaking of Marggie, we invited their family over after for dinner & swimming:


We met them at the end of the school year & our girls hit it off. Addie & Lucy are close to our girls age & of course both of the big girls are starting kinder together:


It was a great way to get to know them better & I'm glad our husbands finally met since they both went to UT. The girls & I baked earlier in the day & they were so proud of their oreo peanut butter ice box pie:


After they left, Bryan jumped in & swam with the girls:


It usually doesn't get dark until pretty late so they don't usually get to swim this late. They loved swimming in the dark & I loved them sleeping in the next morning :) I worked around the house all day finishing everything for school. I finally have their closets ready for fall, everything bought & ready for all of our extra curricular activities & I even sprayed all of their lunchboxes & backpacks with Scotch Guard:


It feels great to have everything done so we can enjoy our last week of summer together. But while I was working, Bryan spent the day with the girls. FISD had a back to school bash so he took the girls up there & they had a great time. I found some random pictures on his phone but I really have no idea what they were doing or who they were with:




Then they went to the mall because Bryan had to pick up something at Nordstrom & they ran into the mascot for Vineyard Vines:


Kind of random, right?! It's always fun finding pictures on Bryan's phone because I never know what I am going to find. Including this one:


This was them playing rock, paper, scissors at lunch on Sunday after church. I absolutely love watching them play together the older they get. Sophie is sure going to miss her big sis when she goes to school next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment