This past weekend, the girls had Monday & Tuesday off from school for Labor Day weekend and they quickly filled it with a weekend getaway. Our youth group always uses Labor Day as a kickoff weekend for the school year with a retreat at Lake Lavon:
Last year Sophie only got to go for the day, so she was super excited to get to go and stay for the entire weekend. For the first time, they had a no phone policy, so I wasn't expecting many pictures, but thankfully a few parents shared some:
Turns out you could rent a go-cart for the weekend for $10 and both of our daughters jumped at the chance, especially Sophie:
Every grade has a theme color and 7th grade was purple:
She is lucky to have such a great group of girls in her grade:
Somehow, I ended up with more pictures of Sadie's group because they all took digital cameras to camp:
Can you tell that 9th grade's color was yellow?
Saturday night they all decided to dress up like Adam Sandler & I'll be honest; I laughed out loud when I saw the pictures. They look pretty good:
They play games & get points all weekend for winning, wearing their color, showing spirit, etc. and 9th grade won! Boys & girls combined. They were still celebrating when we got there Monday morning to pick them up:
This is one of my favorite pictures I saw of the group because they were all outside, by the lake, watching a fire dancer:
300 kids who all gave up their weekend to go to the lake & celebrate Jesus with each other. Truly awesome to see their hearts on fire when they come home. Thanks Blue for all you do pouring into our children!















No comments:
Post a Comment