Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Disney Friends 2017

Since we have been to Disney World, Disney Land & now the Disney Cruise, I have had several people ask me what I like best. Obviously there are different aspects of each place we like better, but the thing we liked the best on the cruise was our access to Disney characters. Literally, I felt like there were so many characters all over the boat so we saw them all the time! Like multiple times a day! And lines were never longer than 10 or 15 minutes. Plus, the kids got to see the characters at the kids club too. Without a doubt, that was one of our favorite things about the cruise. And again, 3 & 5 is such a magical age where they are so excited to meet the characters & totally believe in them! So, let me post away because we met a lot of new friends this week:












Literally, the first character sightings would start at 8:00 every morning & go until 10:30 that night. As soon as we got on the boat, I let the girls go pick out autograph books. I have never done this at the park before, because we had never met this many characters, so this time I made sure we were prepared. That might have been one of the highlights of the trip was carrying their book around & asking for autographs:



And I made it a priority to print the pictures as soon as we got home so I could add it to their books. Let's just say they have been pretty proud to look at it & show it off :)

We also met Mickey & Minnie Mouse several times:






90 days before we went, we got to book a few extras. These did not cost anything, but they were first come first serve (kind of like fast passes) so I literally logged on the computer at midnight the night everything became available to book these. First we had the princess gathering where we met Belle, Cinderella & Tiana:



Apparently, Ariel was on the ship but she was sick all week so we never got to see her :( I never told the girls or they would have been disappointed because she is one of our favorites!

One night while walking to dinner Sadie flipped out because she saw Princess Elena of Avalor:


Technically she wasn't one of the real princesses from Disney, but she was a guest on board that wanted to dress up! But Sadie didn't know that :) Her daughter dressed as Belle:


Aren't their dresses beautiful?!

We also went to the Frozen Gathering:


This might have been their favorite character meet & greet. They turned one of their restaurants into Arrendale & it was beautiful!


Of course my pictures on my iPhone never do it justice so I was suckered into buying the professional picture on the boat:


Totally worth the money because I printed it & put it inside a big sparkly silver frame by the girls room & they love looking at it!

Finally, we scheduled a breakfast with the cast of Disney Junior:






I didn't get pictures with everyone else, but we did all of the assigned character meetings with our friends.

My favorite picture of all came one evening when we got to meet Captain Mickey & Captain Gus, the real captain of our ship:


That just happened to be the same day the girls got pampered at the spa. I think this picture totally summarizes our trip & is definitely the one that will be framed for us to look at often :)

No comments:

Post a Comment